Thursday, October 14, 2021

Quote of the Week

"If talkin' was the same as working, he would have more done by 8:00 AM Monday than most men can do in a week."  David from Pikesville, Kentucky


I don't know why this tickles me so much. David was talking about a mutual friend. 

Seed Saving

I hate being a negative Nellie but this might be a good year to save a few seeds.

It doesn't need to be anything exotic. In fact, pedestrian is more likely to give you a crop than the unusual.

Beans, winter squash, melons and tomatoes. Seeds for greens are available dirt-cheap as "food plot" seeds right now.

Planting the seeds of hybrid plants, tomatoes for instance, will still produce edible fruit but they might not be uniform for size and shape.

Just a thought. It is easy to do now. It might be hard to find seeds in April.

6 comments:

  1. LOL, can't stand silence, eh? NOT a guy to take hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 1977 I was working with a guy who would stand and not work while running his mouth. I told him one day to shut up and go to work. His reply was I am working as fast as I am talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quote could certainly apply to a great conservative talk show radio host. I'm lucky to have one in my area, Phil Cowan on KTKZ in Sacramento. He's a lot of laughs and always conveys a lot of great information.
    I'll be lost when he retires in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting on both bush and pole beans to dry out. Don't recall evaar doing so so late in the season.

    Mill Tone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to buy hand-made quilts from a neighbor lady in her 80's, and this was 30 years ago. She was part of a quilting-bee, a very old tradition that has almost died out now.

    Once she confided to me, of an over-confident talkative young man: "They vaccinated him with a Victrola needle".

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.