Apparently, it is beyond the pale to crassly burden a dumb beast with the name of a sitting president.
Let's look at the current list of animal species named in honor of Obama:
- Aptostichus barackobamai, a species of wafer backdoor spiders
- Baracktrema obamai, a blood fluke found in Malaysian turtles
- Desmopachria barackobamai, a diving beetle from French Guiana
- Etheostoma obama, a darter species
- Lasioglossum obamai, a Cuban bee
- Nystalus obamai (Western striolated puffbird), a bird from the Amazon
- Obamadon gracilis, an extinct lizard
- Paragordius obamai, a parasitic worm from phylum Nematomorpha
- Placida barackobamai, a sea slug
- Spintharus barackobamai, a Cuban spider
- Teleogramma obamaorum, a cichlid, honoring Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama
- Tosanoides obama, a fish discovered in the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument
- Obamus coronatus, an Ediacaran organism
At least the sticker will eventually fade and fall off and it only impacted one bear. The number of individual parasitic worms and spiders named after Obama out-number that bear by a billion-to-one.