Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Zeke and Cletus in Oregon


"Cletus," Zeke started without preamble "I think I am getting soft."

Zeke and Cletus were in Cletus's '93 Dodge truck motoring east on I-84.  It had been an eventful weekend.

"Why ya thinkin' that?" Cletus asked without much interest.

"I think maybe these west coast, flower-children are rubbin' off on me." Zeke said.

Sparing a quick glance from his driving, a task that needed all of his attention since the tires were bald, the pavement was wet and he was running fifteen over the limit, Cletus asked, "What happened?"

"I got all weepy with no reason at all." Zeke said, hanging his head in shame.

"There I was givin' one of then ant-freaks a tune-up. I was just about to adjust his tappets when, for no reason at all, I got all teary eyed and weepy...just like a woman." Zeke said.

"No, you ain't getting soft." Cletus said dismissively.

"How do you figure that?" Zeke asked.

"The pepper spray did that to me too." Cletus said with a shake of his head.

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.