Sunday, May 22, 2022

I must be getting better & Curiosity got the better of me

I did not get a gold star on my report card yesterday. I was not a compliant patient.

I asked Mrs ERJ to get the envelop with the X-Ray DVDs. I got it into my head that I wanted to make copies of them.

I used the walker to hop into the study where the "serious" PC lives, the one with the DVD reader/writer. That was the non-compliant part. I am supposed to be quiet and not risk bumping my injured leg.

The DVD with the wrist images was 40 Mb. The ones from the hospital was in the neighborhood of 1.4 Gb. There are reasons why they do not send these by email.

It was difficult to open the images. They are in an unusual format.

However, I was eventually able to open a few of them and I was amazed by what I saw


Either they downloaded the wrong images or they put these on the DVD to mess with the minds of guys who think they are going to look at their own X-Rays.

Honest, Mrs ERJ, that woman was not in the room with me when they were taking my X-Rays.

4 comments:

  1. Xray techs have a sense of humor too huh ? Heh ! I hope Mrs ERJ has one brother .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna comment on walking in the street with heels.... Now, I'm gonna go find some pepto.... That image in my head wasn't good for digestion....

    Good one bud. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come here for the insight on food production, and am frequently delighted with the turn of events after hitting the *read more* button. Well done Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those images have been making the rounds for a LONG TIME. Almost as long as I have been flinging photons at patients. The images patients receive on a CD/DVD are in DICOM format. Most facilities usually include a program on the disk that reads and opens DICOM files. If they forgot to you can easily download a free generic DICOM file reader from the internet. The DICOM standard was implemented so that digital images in medicine could be read universally to facilitate care.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.