Thursday, May 5, 2022

Administrative details

A big shout-out to my brother John who donated a portable hot-spot. Typing on a smart-phone with one thumb is a poor way to type. 

Today the swelling in my left hand is reduced enough that I can kind-of hold my phone with it and kind-of touch-type.

Life is getting better by leaps-and-bounds.

Draft posts

The Blogger/Blogspot platform allows me to put posts I am working on into a Draft folder.

I have many posts in that file. In some cases I wasn't happy with how it was written or it felt like important parts were missing. This seems like a good time to strip-mine the Draft folder.

If the writing isn't up-to-snuff or the topic seems dated....there are reasons for that.

Sore rib

I think we found the smoking-gun for the rib pain.

I am in an ejection chair that was my Dad's.

Moving from the chair involves butt-swimming to the edge of the seat cushion and getting my good leg directly beneath my center-of-gravity.

The seat cushion is soft and the fabric is velour. I was using my elbows as oars to navigate to the edge of the seat cushion. That motion, direction of force seems to be the problem.

The new plan is to elevate the seat so there is a 10 degree forward slope instead of a 5 degree back slope and to not involve my elbows. If it takes longer then it takes longer. I have lots of time.

Practice, practice, practice

My plan is to exit my chair once an hour and either spin 360 degrees in alternating directions or move a foot forward and then back.

Reduced Intestinal Motility


Not a problem.

Every visitor seemed to take joy in mixing up a cocktail-of-the-day for me. It was half a tumbler of prune juice, a cap-full of PEG-3350 and topped off with water. It is called a Flint Tap-water.

Eye glasses

My eye glasses were broken in the accident. I reordered from an online source and they will be here in one business week.

Mrs ERJ's efforts to purchase locally from a one-day brick-and-mortar source were not successful. My impression was that they became distinctly less friendly after they learned the originals were purchased on-line. Scolding people who want to give you money is not a path to running a successful business.

3 comments:

  1. Your last comment is poignant, have had similar experiences. In the end, the brick and mortar store owner blames the internet business for his downfall, completely missing the opportunity you gave him to win your business back.
    They never learned why you left in the first place, so they never see the second chance.
    Some people never learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime Big Brother. I love you... John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expunged brick-and-mortar establishments years ago as "mostly worthless." 15 years ago they thought their competition was 10 blocks down the street; many still in existence continue to believe that.

    3-4 years back a friend insisted on visiting one for a deal on some electronics purported to be "on sale." Item was examined and while found satisfactory, the price was not. Personnel were engaged all the way up to the store manager who held steadfast against any price reduction. Friend told manager "watch this," extracted his phone, entered some info, pressed "buy" and showed the manager the screen: Exact same item, with next-day shipping, $35 cheaper. "That could have been your sale" he said, "were you willing to get some>/i> profit instead of no profit."

    About a year later that the aforementioned retail space was marked with "vacant, available." I suspect B-and-M establishments simply exchange personnel as they go through the retail version of musical chairs.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.