Saturday, May 7, 2022

ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN

I was released from the hospital with enough oxy to last until the stitches in my head-wound were pulled. I have four family members who are nurses. One of them pulled my stitches to save transporting me my General Practice doctor in Eaton Rapids.

Mrs ERJ found the eight day shortfall in pain meds while counting pills. Consequently, she has to do some kind of great paper chase to collect the permissions to have my GP issue pain-meds.

I (very helpfully) offered to go with her as that would reduce the miles driven by 55%. Then I said I just wanted to look at my garden.

She responded in the negative. She knows there is no way I can just "look" at the garden and I still have fresh incisions.

That girl knows me too well.

Do you remember that puffy, left hand....

Now that the puffiness subsided a little bit, it looks like a dislocated metacarpal at the wrist-end of my ring finger's metacarpal.

Oddly enough, I attribute finding this to a dream. In my dream I was inspecting a finely crafted table made from hardwood planks. The planks were oil-finished and sanded glass-smooth. The craftsman defied me to find an imperfection. I remember running my right hand across the surface and saying "You have a high. It is right here" as I tapped the location with my right index finger.

I woke up with the palm of my right hand over the back of my left hand. I knew I had a lump in the back of my left hand where there wasn't supposed to be one. The N.P. said the hand felt crunchy. X-ray couldn't find a break on the second look-see because there wasn't a break.

It is great to be in a position where we are sorting through and dealing with little-fiddly-stuff.

U-boat watch

Primary risks at this point include 
  • Pneumonia (broken rib a factor)
  • Blood clots
  • Infected wounds
  • Virus that would make me cough
  • Falls
  • Making Mrs ERJ angry

Transmitting at 401MHz


My new, twin base-plane, dipole antenna.

Goals revised

Getting up, out of the chair on-the-hour proved too aggressive.

My cast started feeling snug which suggests swelling.

Sixty-minutes is an arbitrary number and there was nothing magical about it except it was easy to manage.

Shooting for once every couple-of-hours but will make adjustments as required.

5 comments:

  1. Prayers are up for you. Be careful and for sure don't make the Mrs. mad. She might hide your pain meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers continue for your swift healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers still going up ERJ. And please be patient and pace yourself. It has already been a hard year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad had a lot of hardware in his knee after shattering it falling off a ladder cleaning his gutters. We teased him for years that if we pushed him out on the lake on an inner tube, he would slowly turn and face North.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious how your cows are doing while you mend.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.