Friday, May 5, 2023

Mowing

Gracious! How do you make mowing grass sound exciting?

Yesterday was a long, productive day.

Pick up a patch of orchard, garden or yard. Mow. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I made it to 3:00 before collapsing.

More mowing today plus burning brush and roto-tilling. Rain predicted for Sunday.

Getting help around the place

Handsome Hombre helped by changing a tire with a slow leak on the Silverado. He also changed the wiper blades. Both he and Southern Belle cleaned out the cab. They found sixty-eleven cutting tools; mostly pruning shears.

I bought Handsome Hombre a present

Link
Handsome Hombre is in one of the construction trades and had to leave "stuff" behind in Miami.

Something that can happen in the trades is that a neighbor might wander up while on a job-site and ask, "Hey, my dervalsnizzle is kerfwutzing. Can you look at it? I will give you $50 if you fix it."

Easy money IF you have the consumables with you. And if you do it after you clock-out...and you have the consumables...it is your money, not your employers. Easy money because you are already at the site and don't have to invest the drive-time.

If you do it on-the-clock and use your employer's consumables it should be the employer's $$$ although there are tradesmen who won't see it that way.

My hope is that Handsome Hombre stocks the bag with the smaller, most commonly used doo-dads consumed in his trade.

Caught a raccoon in an unbaited live-trap

A first for me.

I went into the barn to fetch a ladder. I needed to tie some grape vine canes up, out of where I had to push a mower when I saw the beast in a trap.

It had bait in it about three weeks ago but squirrel had managed to eat the bait without tripping the trap.

Bonus video

The first comment cracked me up "This is where babies come from". The song is VERY romantic.

The group is named Home Free and they sing a cappella. The "instruments" you hear...people making sound with their mouths (80% confidence level).

3 comments:

  1. That looks like fabulous gift for HH. Useful things, tool bags - and even better when one has the opportunity to bank extra cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Home Free in concert. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.