Monday, May 8, 2023

Flowers!

Early apples and late pears are in full bloom.

Early blooming apple varieties


Early-midseason blooming apples

Late midseason blooming apples

Late blooming apple varieties. Source

Late blooming apples are more likely to avoid killing frost but are subjected to more fireblight pressure due to the higher temperatures.

Petals from the sweet cherry tree are falling like snow.

The Viburnum carlesii hybrid in our front yard is blooming and it smells divine. I planted it because it was blooming at the hospital when one of our children was born. Michael Dirr wrote a short essay on fragrant and showy viburnums HERE.

Quicksilver fell asleep in my arms. Very calm and peaceful. And then I saw a woodchuck eating dandelion leaves at the edge of the yard. He calmly ate and ate and ate...for a good twenty minutes. He got to live another day. Granddaddies have priorities.

Brakes

My plan is to change the front brake pads on the S-10 today.

Fencing

I also have fence maintenance on the list of things to do today.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time. The woodchuck will be back - briefly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I busted my hump Sunday with my Kubota (B7800) and got 200' of sweet corn planted Sunday. Today the rain is letting me nurse my aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, enjoy the grandpa time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make 6,000to8,000$ a month on line without a earlier experience e3 or abilities required. be your very personal boss and q choose out your very very own art work hours.
    thanks lots here.......... Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.