Tuesday, May 16, 2023

A few random thoughts

There is only one person you can change. He is the guy who looks back at you in the mirror.

And even that can be a dicey thing. Many claim to want to change but fail.

Don't expect other people to change.

There has never been a shortage of jerks. The Law of Supply and Demand suggests that they will command little in the market-place of life. Don't be a jerk.

Sometimes we are required to do things that other people perceive as being jerk-like. At those times be surgical, use a very sharp knife, be fast, be thorough and NEVER look like you are enjoying it.

People crave recognition. If you see somebody do something particularly well or move the tiniest bit out of their swim-lane in a positive way...perhaps something as simple as bending over to pick up a candy wrapper somebody else dropped, give them an atta-boy. Even better, tell their boss or their wife.

Find some way to be productive. We were created in God's image and God created the universe. Therefore, we carry the pattern of wanting to create and build. Even a simple omelet can be a work of art.

Find ways to be effective that do not require other people to change. Even if it means you have to do things that take you out of your comfort-zone.

10 comments:

  1. Excellent point(s). And very true that not all changes are 'comfortable', even if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than most I hear on Sunday morning.---ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that my superiors have grown accustomed to hearing me Publicly praise individuals with whom I work.

    It seems that they do not act on those public reports.

    No matter. My colleagues know what I value, and that I value their contributions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that, right there, is the whole reason. People want to be valued they want to be appreciated they want to be acknowledged. I can't tell you how much it means to me when somebody recognizes that I am doing my best to make a difference. A simple thank you makes my day

      Delete
  4. Finally I made $392/hr. It’s time to take some action and you can join it too.It is a simple, q dedicated and easy way to get rich. Three weeks from now you will wish you had started today.Simply give it a shot on the accompanying site.
    GOOD LUCK Click Here… Join Work Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice ERJ, and something I need to remind myself of more. I often try to change others, even in seemingly innocuous and what seems like to me non-confrontational ways - but that is still trying to change them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is another "random" thought that may fit on your list. When someone acts in a manner that would ordinarily cause you to curse (or something) respond with this little prayer - Bless him, change me.

    Father Dave on YouTube is where I learned it from, and it has...changed me I believe.
    Milton

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can make 150 US dollars an hour working on my home computer. {h42 I never thought it was possible, but my closest friend made sixteen thousand US dollars in just five weeks working on this historic project. convinced me to take part. For more information,
    Click on the link below.. https://www.Payathome7.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. " tell their boss or their wife." Wait, what? There's a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I started with my online business, I earn $25 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if you don't check it out. Learn more about it here...
    topearn7

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.