Friday, May 26, 2023

More garden gack

Sheets of newspaper and dirt for frost protection. Epoch Times for the win.

 
Stupice

Orange Icicle

Carmelo. I expect these plants to be twice as tall by next week. They SHOULD be almost as tall as the buckets.

A 35' row of green beans (double-row with beans 4" apart in the row and between the double-row) in the ground. I will plant another double-row tomorrow. I am planting "Jade" this year.

I finished up the sweet corn and now have 400 feet of row planted. The "Annex" is now 100% planted with potatoes, sweet corn and a fallow of clover, rye and miscellaneous grass species.

Cucumbers are in the ground. I covered the seedlings with a light covering of green grass. The grass will dry over the course of the day and allow more light to hit the plants.

Moss Roses (Portulaca) and Alyssum are planted between the flagstones north of the house. Alyssum comes in red, white and blue colors and I did about what you would expect given the color palette. Alyssum is also notable for its honey-like fragrance. Moss Roses are a succulent and should be drought tolerant. Moss Roses also sprawl out and have been known to self-seed.

I flushed out the trickle irrigation in the orchard and am now running water. The emitters are nominally 2 gallons per hour and since the soil is dry I will run them for five hours.

Flower seedlings are hardening off in the shade.

Pollen or a cold is kicking my butt. My voice is a deep, vibrating bass. I was going to cut some grass but am going to tap-out for today.

The "kids" are talking about having a fire outside tonight and cooking weinies and marshmallows. One advantage of the dry weather is that there are almost no mosquitoes.

6 comments:

  1. I'd been fighting an almost fever for 2 days but today it got me. All I could do to move the sprinkler around.
    Must be rona season. Or Lyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say thanks for using the bucket as a sizing comparator. It gives looking at something a proper perspective, so, Thanks!
    irontomflint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seconding the thanks for the buckets ERJ. I am a visual person.

    Sorry about the cold/pollen fever. We have pollen fever here in the Spring that mimics the flu for some individuals.

    We have been "cooler" this year as well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moss roses were my maternal grandmother's favorite flowering plant. She always had some in her yard, especially along both sides of her sidewalk and porch.

    ReplyDelete

  5. My cousin could genuinely get cash in their extra time on their PC. their dearest companion had been doing this 4 somewhere around a year and at this point cleared the obligation. in their smaller than usual house and purchased an extraordinary Vehicle.

    That is our specialty HERE====) STAY AT HOME

    ReplyDelete
  6. Online dollar making job to earns easily more than $15k by doing easy workonline. previous month i have got paid $19531 simply doing copy and paste workonline without selling anything. easy to do work and earning from this arebetter than other 9 to 5 desk jobs. it doesnot required any kind of onlineworking skills just need some basic knowledge og internet. go to this web rightnow for more info.



    GO HERE ———➤ More Details & Start Your Earning


    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.