Sunday, October 25, 2020

Weird

 

Winchester Model 1894 designed by John Moses Browning


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
 
Colt Model 1911 designed by John Moses Browning


I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
 
M2 .50 Caliber Machinegun designed by John Moses Browning

I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
 
Barrett Model 82 designed by Ronnie Barrett.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


By Elizabeth Barrett-Browning

Elizabeth Barrett-Browning died in 1861, 33 years before the first of these marvels hit the market. How did she know???

5 comments:

  1. Let's not forget the Browning Automatic Rifle, or BAR. This was the squad automatic rifle of every US Army and Marine Corps platoon in World War Two and the Korean War.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever hear the joke about the three NAZI that walked into a BAR?

      Delete
  2. Amazing how those Winchesters become more beautiful with the patina of age. --ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left out a picture of my beloved High Power.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.