Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Fat Tuesday

Mrs ERJ's family has roots in DeQuincy, Louisiana (Calcasieu Parish).  I rarely bring this up because I don't want people to think I am a social climber...plus I would lose all of my readers in Alabama.

Paczki are an Eastern European tradition on Fat Tuesday.  Needless to say there were not many families of Polish descent in DeQuincy.

DeQuincy traditions are more along the lines of pecan pie.

Sometimes a fellow just has to make sacrifices to keep peace in the family.  And this is a sacrifice I am willing to make.




3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with DeQuincy OR Pecan Pie... Just sayin! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with DeQuincy OR Pecan Pie... Just sayin! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeQuincy's twenty miles north of me.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.