- Did you ever eat at a truck stop on an Interstate? Yes.
- Have you ever been in Boone, North Carolina or Barstow, California or any of thousands of such towns across the country. I live in one.
- Were you ever in the military. No.
- Have you ever talked to a cop or an ambulance crewman or a fireman. Rob, Linc, Tom....
- Do you have a Mexican friend? Papa Hernandez, Hermes Gonzales (Honduran, does that count?)
- When did you last eat in a restaurant where a majority of the customers were black. Majority by avoirdupois, our kitchen table...last week.
- Do you know an enlisted man, or anyone in the armed services. Andy, Dylan...
- Did you ever hitchhike someplace overnight? No
- Have you ever baited a hook, hunted, or fired a rifle. 3-for-3.
- Have you worked washing dishes? Ponderosa Steakhouse. 1977, 1978, Knights of Columbus Fish Fry 2017.
- Have you ever worked harvesting crops? Yes.
- Have you ever worked driving a delivery truck. No.
- Do you have a blue-collar friend. Yes.
- Do you know what the Texas Two-Step is? No. I DON'T dance.
- Have you ever been in a biker bar. Does the Onondaga Tavern count?
- Did you attend a fancy schools like Oberlin, Swarthmore, Amherst, the Ivies, Bard (counts as a negative). No.
- Do you even know someone who graduated from a land-grant school or a regional state university or a community college? Yes, yes, yes.
- Do you know an engineer or a plumber or an electrician? Yes, yes, yes.
Source of the Index
Nope. Couldn't find anything about a "Reed Index" anywhere. Is it home grown, or can you send a steer?ReplyDelete
It is from Fred Reed (Fred on Everything). It is from his post Notes of a Reformed News Weasel: https://fredoneverything.org/notes-of-a-reformed-news-weasel-understanding-the-vacuity/Delete
Thanks for commenting. It keeps me honest!
Thanks Joe. I got 9 out of 10 and was trying to figure out where I go to collect my prize.Delete