Friday, May 12, 2017

The .22 LR ammo drought is slowly easing


I was able to buy some CCI Velocitor ammo yesterday.

I found it at Mid-South Shooters Supply.

Velocitor is great fun for shooting potatoes and apples.  Chunks fly up into the air and then rain down for up to five seconds.  I like when I have a new shooter and I want them to experience how much fun it is to shoot reactive targets.

It may not be the best choice for self defense.  I don't think it penetrates very far and I have had some that were a little "sticky" on extraction.  Absolute, stone-cold reliability in function trumps a few extra feet-per-second when talking self defense.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I need to restock!!! I'm under 10000 rounds of .22 sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with AdFly and make money for every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete