Friday, May 12, 2017

The .22 LR ammo drought is slowly easing


I was able to buy some CCI Velocitor ammo yesterday.

I found it at Mid-South Shooters Supply.

Velocitor is great fun for shooting potatoes and apples.  Chunks fly up into the air and then rain down for up to five seconds.  I like when I have a new shooter and I want them to experience how much fun it is to shoot reactive targets.

It may not be the best choice for self defense.  I don't think it penetrates very far and I have had some that were a little "sticky" on extraction.  Absolute, stone-cold reliability in function trumps a few extra feet-per-second when talking self defense.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! I need to restock!!! I'm under 10000 rounds of .22 sigh

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.