Thursday, May 11, 2017

Potatoes went into the ground yesterday

About 200 hills planted in rows; 20 inches apart in the rows with the rows 42 inches apart.

Pictures were taken but the SD Card is inop.  It has been loaded in-and-out of the card reader so many times that the gold leaf on the contacts flaked away.

The potatoes will fully canopy over by July. 

I over-planted potatoes last year.  The picture in my head is that I will have slightly less than half my garden planted to "nightshades" in any given year.  Then I can flip sides of the garden to rotate crops.

It is not a great system because potato bugs and diseases can easily travel from one side of the garden to the other.  I am doing what I can with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.