Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Now there is something you don't see every day


As I drove about today I saw two Subarus and a Toyota Prius.  None of them had a single bumper sticker on them.  Unheard of.

I don't know why owners of those two models are so into bumper stickers unless "signaling" is the most important part of "virtue signaling".

The driver of one of the Subarus was gassing up at the island next to me.  She did not want to talk about it.  My guess is that she assumed that the driver of a 22 year old pickup truck might have different values that she has.  She mumbled something about "lack of civil behaviors".

To the best of my remembering I never put a bumper sticker on any car I ever owned.  I figure it is counter-productive to tell people if they are not asking.  Besides, why volunteer information that will only serve make you a target in some neighborhoods?-

1 comment:

  1. Ah, but we aren't 'governed' by what we proclaim with our stickers, sir. THAT is why we're not trusted. They don't know what we 'believe in', since they don't see the stickers to give them a direction...LOOL

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.