Saturday, December 16, 2023

Up on the Roof...

Up on the roof of Europe, that is.

When this old world starts a-getting me down
And people are just too much for me to face
I'll climb way up to the top of the stairs
And all my cares just drift right into space

On the roof, it's peaceful as can be
And there the world below don't bother me, no, no

So when I come home feeling tired and beat
I'll go up where the air is fresh and sweet
I'll get far away from the hustling crowd
And all that rat-race noise down in the street
I have been enjoying a video channel out of Switzerland. This is one of their videos.


Since most of their videos are recorded in the French speaking parts of Switzerland, I usually turn on auto-subtitles which generate the subtitles in French. If you click on "Subtitles" again, it gives you the option of translating them into many, many languages including English.

Healthy, productive people, lots of horses, some cows and exquisitely beautiful country. For when life is grinding you down and you need a break.

TMI

Looking at the vegetation, it is clear that European Larch is the dominant tree species in much of the area. Larch thrives at 5000'+/-1500' of elevation.

Areas outlined in black are at elevations favorable to European Larch.
 
Look at all of the valley! No wonder nobody ever wants to invade Switzerland.

And just west of the border in France, the same interesting topography.

3 comments:

  1. I flew from Anchorage to Fairbanks one winter. I still can't believe people survived that journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its hard now since they did away with in-flight complimentary beverage and snacks.

      Delete
    2. Must have flown Spirit.

      Or maybe he was talking about 1903 AD.

      Delete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.