Friday, December 1, 2023

As we enter the Christmas Party season...

 

I may have offended my bosses when I told them I did not want the traditional retirement party. I had been to too many of them where attendees got very drunk and then somehow drove themselves home.

Five minute run-time. A compilation of adds from Australia's anti drinking-and-driving campaign. 

With ride-calling services like Uber and Lyft, there is no excuse to drive yourself home when smashed OR to give your keys to a fellow drinker who is equally trashed. You might avoid a ticket but you cannot avoid physics.


4 comments:

  1. Especially now, ERJ, when the darn thing can be on your phone. I will note more companies at least now offer this as an option for holiday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last year I worked, we finally convinced our boss to throw money into a kitty for a charity rather than exchange Christmas gifts.

      Every year before that I got gift cards to a restaurant fifty miles from where I lived. I never used one of them.

      Delete
  2. Burn the bridges so you won't be tempted to return.

    sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I would not burn that bridge,. I know too many people who got called back to make more money part time than they were before they retired.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.