Sunday, June 18, 2023

The "Market" and High Value men and women

Youtube's algorithm keeps popping up Jedediah Bila videos assuming that she says things that I might find interesting.

One of her recurring themes involves "How to be a 'High-Value' woman" and her advice is at odds with the current culture.

She contends that popular culture goads women into having zero empathy for men (the customer?). Women who have no ability to walk in their customer's target-market's shoes become grotesque, one-dimensional caricatures of what men value. Usually, they become invisible to men after we reach an age where we can sometimes think with the higher-elevation head.

But I'm unique!

Cold comfort after you disparage men and then packaged yourself as the oldest of commodities, peeth-a-poothy.

Commodities are by definition interchangeable units. Any gallon of 87 octane gasoline is interchangeable with any other gallon of 87 octane gasoline.

A seldom considered fact

The price of an item sold at auction is determined by the last bidder to drop out of bidding and not the last bidder.

While you might be the soul-mate and pearl-beyond-price to one person on the planet, is that person in the crowd that is bidding? Is there a second bidder in the immediate audience?

Learn to forgive

One of the things that men and women who have been force-fed popular culture need to learn how to do is to learn to forgive and to let the past stay in the past.

We all make mistakes. We all remember things differently, emphasizing some parts of the story and forgetting other parts.

Pop culture values drama. Pure cads and villains. Pure heroes and victims. Forget the drama. The curtain never closes in real life. You will have to deal with the acrimony and wreckage of those relationships in the future.

Refusing to forgive somebody does not make you a higher-class person. It makes you a person most people will avoid interacting with.

Don't throw people under the bus

If there is one lesson from Trump that Conservatives and Progressives can probably agree on is that throwing people under the bus, especially people who worked with you in good-faith, can leave you friendless in your time of dire need.

I suppose the same lesson applies to the Harry-formerly-known-as-Prince. The Harry/Markle brand seems to be imploding before our eyes.

9 comments:

  1. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… for 3-4 hours/day 95 bucks every hour…..> https://www.pay.salary49.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of The Donald's greatest faults was throwing the J6 protestors under the bus. That open sore of an issue is perhaps most indicative of the clown world we now face.
    Don't throw people under the bus.
    and FJB.

    Miltn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not actively shopping but I keep my eyes open for a good maiden; a warrior woman that can compete with the men. Someone that can raise the kids, wage war, plant a garden, raise a barn, repair an engine, build a computer, etc. She can't tie me down to one location with kids or being a family man and will need to accept that; I wana roam. A huge bonus would be if she were a wolf in the bed sheets or in the forest and had no fear of forcing herself on me with a fair bit of aggression. Dainties need not apply.

    That is a high value woman to me; unfortunately, such women are nearly extinct and given that I'm well into my 30s now, pickings are slim.

    You struck gold with there there is a severe shortage of mercies and forgiveness in this world; everyone is biting each other, seeking punishments and revenge. This isn't limited to personal relationships but seen in business and in the interactions of nations as well.

    - Arc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A "purple squirrel" goal if I ever heard one.
      There are no more shield maidens.

      Delete
  4. Personally, I don't there really was a Harry/ Markle brand; I think they've been pushing hard to create it, with LOTS of support but it didn't catch on the way they hoped it would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgiveness is one thing. Forgetting what someone did to you is a totally different matter. Far too many people will use forgiveness as an opportunity to screw you over a second time...or more if you're an abject idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A judgement of intention might be in order. If you were screwed over because the person was malicious then they have not earned forgiveness.

      If they stole something then they do not deserve forgiveness. Particularly grinding is when they steal something worth $100 and sell it for $10. It would have been better if they had just ASKED for the $10.

      If there is a pattern of injury and insult. Their apology is just lip-service.

      Delete
    2. Forgive does not need to include forget. My door at the antique store has the names of vendors(tenants) who did not treat me right (being brief). I have no recollection what they did. I only know they will not be welcome as vendors again. I did underline the ones that were "ugly" on their departure so I can be on my guard. Again, I don't recall what they actually did. Roger

      Delete
  6. You, thir, are hilarioth. I knotted my eyebrowth when I firth read it. I'm glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee. I whithpered it, and almoth fell over. Very well played.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.