Thursday, June 22, 2023

Pictures from around the yard

The netting is green. The hole is outlined in yellow.

I saw Zeus sniffing around the garden fence this morning. I started to walk away but then decided that it might be worth my time to see WHY Zeus had a new-found interest in garden fences.

It appears that a rabbit had chewed a hole in the fence! Zeus was not sniffing the fence, he was smelling the rabbit.

That explained the bunny that I found inside the fence a couple of days ago (unreported event).

Dogs are amazing creatures. It is a wise man who attends to what his dog is trying to tell him. 

This is a pecan graft that is starting to push its buds. This is very exciting because it is Kanza and it is up-wind of the mature pecans lining my driveway.

A pile of sumac and Black Locust poles. Nothing very large but they obstructed travel and presented a fire hazard if left in place.


3 comments:

  1. ERJ, it is not just dogs. All animals (foreign or domestic) have amazing powers of observation. For example, my deaf rabbit is obviously not responsive to sound but does react to the slightest movement - even when I think I am not making one. I wish I had these powers of observation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guides "out-west" tell their dudes to watch their horse's ears.

      Many a trophy was sighted by knowing WHERE to look.

      Delete
  2. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… 3-4 hours/day ...95 bucks every hour…..> https://www.pay.salary49.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.