Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A little bit warm today

The temperature inside of our house peaked at 76F. That is a high for 2023.

The outside temp peaked at 88 today.

We have yet to run the A/C this year. We open windows in at night and run the fans to pull air through the house. We can usually pull it down to 68F but because of over-night cloud-cover we could only get down to 70F last night.

We have ceiling fans in our living room and bed rooms. 76F and low humidity is not a hardship if you can move the air around.

We left Miami on April 30 and they were running A/C at 6:00 in the morning.

Cheap dates

Handsome Hombre had good news when he came home from work. His boss will be selling one of the "work trucks" and will offer it to workers first. Based on what I know about the vehicle, he is offering it to employees at 40% of what a dealer would sell it for on the used car lot.

We celebrated the (probable) purchase of another set of wheels by going to town and painting it red.

Four adults and one toddler racked up a bill of $19 (after tips) at the ice-cream emporium. Then we walked around and looked at the every-Wednesday car show held in Eaton Rapids throughout the summer. That is a pretty inexpensive date.

Handsome Hombre has a soft-spot for old hot-rods where the V-8 is open to the air. He likes headers and 1930s body-styles. Who would have guessed?

A head-scratcher

"Two is one and one is none" so the saying goes.

I stumbled across another water pump in the barn and it might be my primary.

The one I set up had a defective switch. I made the assumption that it was my primary...BUT...the one I found looks more like what I remembered.

Tomorrow I will plug it in and see if it runs. It will be handy if I can run two impulse sprinklers at a time.

Persimmon seeds

I noticed seedlings pushing through a ripped plastic, ziplock type bag when I walked past the sawdust pile.

I have a weakness for plants you cannot kill.

I will pull the bag out of the pile tomorrow and plant any seedlings that are still alive.

4 comments:

  1. Dry bulb 102 yesterday, wet bulb 115... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here on windows open at night and not needing AC.

    Michigan is suddenly experiencing West coast summer weather. No rain. Very dry. Night time temps are very cool due to lack of humidity and moisture trapping the heat. Total absence of seasonal thunderstorms.

    Great for energy bills, but horrible for crops. Easterly winds have been a constant vs normal Westerly jet stream.

    All very odd and unprecedented.

    HAARP?

    https://www.gi.alaska.edu/news/haarp-begin-largest-set-experiments-its-new-observatory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t the wet bulb supposed to have the lower temperature. The closer they are, the higher the humidity, or so I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars…3-4 hours/day.! 95 bucks every hour…..> https://www.pay.salary49.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.