Saturday, July 2, 2022

Before and After

 

Before mowing

After mowing
Before mowing

After mowing

Before mowing

After mowing

The push mower and I ran out of gas at the same time. The amount I mowed was not heroic, maybe a total of 200 feet long by 8 feet wide lanes in the orchard/vineyard.

I expected to be more sore today than I was. The mowing was surprisingly easy. I led with my recovering leg and pushed with my good leg. Easy-peasy.

The morning was spent running around and buying parts for the S-10. It has a multitude of issues that need attention, including the fuel-filler neck having rusted out. It also needs three tires, an oil change-and-filter, new plugs and spark-plug wires. I also need to see about having some metal welded to the frame rails. GM, in its infinite wisdom placed access holes in the frame in-line with where the front tires sling up water, mud and salt. The mud collects (technical term is "poultice") and promotes rust.

Early afternoon involved returning the wheelchairs to mom's house. I am past needing them for this episode of my life.

Tomorrow's weather is expected to be pleasant. Starting Monday we have a front going through and three days when rain is possible. We need rain.

3 comments:

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.