Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I. Do. Not. Care.


Do you know what I would like?

I would love to have the ability to go to a news website and list tags of the articles I do not want to have clutter up my screen.

Just give me three tag. Let them expire in a week. I can always reset them if I am still in overload.

This week I would set two of my flags as Markle and Impeachment. Next week I might set different flags.

This would provide the news sources with feedback about market over-saturation. Why piss away resources on Kardashians (for example) after most people stop caring? Interest quickly fades to apathy and then turns to active dislike. Why would a news source want to fall behind the curve?

2 comments:

  1. Okay...but how would a news source benefit by enabling people to use technology so that their articles could automatically be flagged to be blocked or hidden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've recovered from my delirium. I withdraw my question seeing that you've already stated their potential benefit. If only "news" sources were interested in serving their customers rather than being responsible for "driving the narrative".

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.