Monday, January 30, 2023

Wisdom from the ol' folks home

One of the characters where Mom resides was moving to another facility when I visited today. 

She did not care for the facility where Mom is because they have too many rules.

I wheeled her in from the sidewalk several times. She would go out there to smoke and got stuck.

Actually, I think she liked getting rescued by "young guys". She was an outrageous flirt.

I am flattered that she swooned when she saw me walking by...to get the free ride in. She didn't do that when ugly guys were walking by.

Did I mention she was blind?

On her way out for the last time she told me "I ain't two-timin' on ya sweetie."

I raised my eyebrows in the unspoken question. "But you are leaving me..."

"Honey, technically it ain't 'two-timing' when I got at least other three boyfriends"...

I cannot argue with that.

Several of the male residents were notably grumpy today.

2 comments:

  1. Laugh if you will.. grandpa had a couple strokes, ended up in a nice place, kept his car. Ok for a little while, then worse. Fought tootb and nail to keep his car. Needed to go to the pharmacy he kept saying.
    But they deliver to the home 3x a day Dad, why do you need to go to the pharmacy?
    Rubbers.
    Which was bad enough... but the reason he wanted them, was the girl he was shagging was sleeping around with all the guys!!! He knew he needed to wrap it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Dad moved to assisted living after Mom died he was still driving, and boy, he was Belle of the Ball and so popular with the ladies. Of course, he was in the distinct minority for being male, too.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.