Thursday, January 19, 2023

Not my best work, but not my worst, either

Muzzleloading, black-powder rifle. First "rough sighted in" at 20 yards. These shots were at 100 yards (measured, not paced).

Dark circle is roughly the size of a quarter.

The sights adjusted nicely after the first shot but then adjustments seemed squirrelly. I could not feel or hear "the clicks" in the cold weather.

On the 4th shot, I carefully had 1/4 of the circle edging in the upper, left quadrant formed by the cross-hairs. My intention was to have the bullet hole 1-1/2" directly above the aim-point.

I can live with 1" high and 1-1/2" to the right.

The load is Hornady #44105 in a Harvester Crushrib sabot with 75 grains (by weight) 777. The equivalent load in volume is very close to 100gr of blackpowder.

4 comments:

  1. I am VERY impressed! Did you drink all the Cabernet first? --ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna Martin:

    Your comments make my heart go pitter-pat. I think maybe we were meant for each other.

    To see if we are compatible, I am sending you some d*ck pictures. http://susanlovesnature.blogspot.com/2014/07/muscovy-ducks.html

    Pay no attention to the fleshy, pink growths. Those are perfectly normal...

    Anxiously awaiting your reply

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me ordering wine:
    I'd like a Cabernet.
    Waiter:
    What year?
    Me:
    Well, I'd really like it now.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.