Sunday, January 15, 2023

True Confessions

Image borrowed from The Daily Gator
It has become increasingly clear that I am afflicted with 40-HD syndrome as more and more people try to fix their problems by telling me what I have to change.

Never heard of 40-HD syndrome?

It is like 80-HD but with only half of the symptoms.

(read the last line very slowly, out-loud several times)

Most of the people I know who are over sixty are also afflicted with this syndrome. Be sure to tell your family so they can stop worrying about you.

6 comments:

  1. That seems to a common fault in this Brave New World we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A recent study I saw said that somewhere around 15% of us no longer have any close friends. Less than 10% of us have more than 10 close friends.
    Everything is so divisive now Joe. All you can do now is smile, draw your line, and not take any nay sayers personally and do your thing.
    ... and maybe have some cheap sport with the more obnoxious ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "All I can do is what I can do." Saw that in a movie and I had to stop and ponder it. Truer words.... I got the fo' sho' 'nuf 80 High Delta verdict almost 2 years ago. It sure explained a lot of my history. Knowing the WHY, gave me direction for the HOW. Going forward, I can plan for and ameliorate the outworking of the diag.

    I have always been in the less than 10% that Glen mentions. I have one or two close friends, and a host of acquaintances. Some of those have proved to be very good friends, some have proved to be less of an acquaintance than I ever thought. But, all I can do what I can do. And I can't do "Them". They have to. What a pressure bleed. Gave me some space to live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, Ooo!! I want that mug!!! I would use it ALL the time!!!
    It would replace my no drama llama mug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My version of multitasking is doing 2 or more things at once, poorly.
    I have ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooo Shiny !

    HTR

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.