Monday, November 21, 2022

Seeing what is blinding obvious

A portion of our electric fence runs along the north side of the "garden annex". That run of fence is about 200 feet long.

Tall weeds are a problem as they put a parasitic load on the fence. That is less of a problem for a powerful fence charger but our second back-up charger is about 0.3 Joules.

The dilemma I face is that I hate giving up productive ground.

And then it occurred to me that planting June-bearing Strawberries through woodchip mulch is a viable option. I have to keep the weeds down anyway and being next to the garden they will get watered.

I doubt that I will forget to turn the fence off more than once. It is worth an experiment.

One hundred June-bearing strawberry plants runs about $50 and the same number of day-neutral varieties are about $60/hundred.

7 comments:

  1. If you are willing to wait a year you could easily get by with half the planting efforts. At least my experience with strawberries is that the quickly multiply and take over the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And at that price, you are money ahead. A pound of strawberries around this parts is $3.00 at best, and that is with them not being nearly as delicious as home grown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making $100 an hour telecommuting. I never envisioned that it was true blue at this point my dearest friend is procuring $22,000 a month by dealing with a PC, that was really dumbfounding for me, she recommended for me to endeavor it simply. V60_ Everybody should attempt this occupation currently simply by utilizing this site... www.EarnCash7.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gloria:

      I am Prince Mugumbo of Nigeria and I have many millions of dollars of raw diamonds that I need to transport out of the country.

      If you could be so kind as to advance me $10,0000$ US dollars I will double yur money in lesss than 24 ours.

      Thanc-yous in advanc

      Prince Mugumbo

      Delete
    2. Prince Mugumbo:

      Will you take a personal check?

      Delete
  4. How do you keep the chipmunks from eating all the berries? I had a small patch, not enough plants. I lost most of the berries to critters.
    Southern NH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made $18,000 this month working online from home. I am a full-time student and only work 6 hours a day. X80) Anyone can easily do this job from home and earn online at the same time. component read this article… www.EarnCash7.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.