Thursday, November 10, 2022

A change of pace

Well, that was a change of pace!

I was volun-told to produce a "Dynamic Art Display" for a local non-profit.

So, I grabbed a bunch of public-domain art from my Fine Art Tuesday feature and some stunning images from Daily Timewaster's Friday Open Road feature and put together a Microsoft Powerpoint slide-show.  A very big "Thank-you" to Mr C.W. Swanson for the excellent work he does.

The non-profit is thrilled. For the price of a long USB cord, a donated 32" TV and a donated Windows 10 computer, they have 160 pieces of art displayed on their wall.

I put mock "Thanks to our sponsor" pages every ten slides. Gotta recognized the people who helped you.

I also put mock "picture of one of our clients" every ten slides. Getting engagement from clients can be a chore but they can feel more invested if they know THEIR picture is in the shuffle. They are also more likely to recommend that other potential clients visit the establishment to see THEIR picture.

The first draft has 173 slides and at 8 seconds a slide that is about 23 minutes before it loops.

I sent a copy to the director and await the (inevitable) requests for changes.

I am now scratching around to see if I can find a suitable TV and computer.

9 comments:

  1. That was kind of you Joe. It's guys [and gals] like you that keep our communities being communities. ---ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should mix in some of your trees and hedgerow pictures.
    See what kind of interest you get.
    We need more tree croppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raspberry Pi 4 / Linux will drive good video - around $50 plus a case. Tiny too - probably hide it above or behind the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some 'smart' tee vees have a usb slot, can read sticks, and even do a slideshow on their own. For simplicity sake, it may be worth finding/buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the young folks say that an effort like this - pivotal, done in short order - is "clutch". Clutch indeed, ERJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on ya! And yes, he does have some beautiful pics up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Google pays 200$ per hour. My last paycheck was $3500 working 1o hours a week online. My younger brother's friend has been averaging 12000 for months now and he works about 30 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once. For more details
    visit this site.. Www.Profit97.Com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am profiting (400$ to 500$/hr )online from my workstation. cx150 A month ago I GOT chek of about 30k$, this online work is basic and direct, don't need to go OFFICE, Its home online activity. By then this work opportunity is fbegin your work....★★
    Copy Here→→→→→ www.EarnCash7.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. MAGA 2022!!!
    PART TIME ONLINE JOBS
    Google is by and by paying $27485 to $29658 consistently for taking a shot at the web from home. I have joined this action 2 months back and I have earned $31547 in my first k month from this action.
    This Website OPEN HERE....... LiveJob247

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.