Friday, November 18, 2022

Domestic tranquility and dancing-on-the-slippery-slope

I moved the cattle to a new paddock, one where I have "stockpiled" Tall Fescue.

We had about four inches of snow and are expecting another four by Sunday morning. The paddocks I had them in were getting pretty sparse. I wanted them to really grind it down. The problem is that finding the remaining edible grass under many inches of snow is slow work and I don't want my critters getting hungry and going walk-about; certainly not on the first weekend of firearms deer season.

Southern Belle and Quicksilver like looking out the window and sitting next to the wood-fire. Southern Belle has a cold and Quicksilver is not her usual bubbly self. Maybe she is coming down with something.

Quicksilver didn't warm to me right away. She is about six months old and is not used to men with facial hair.

She is extremely tactile. She likes to grab items and stroke them, turn them over and pass them from hand-to-hand.

I have bread rising in the oven.

Life is all very cozy.

Shredding redundancy

I assume most readers have had the experience of driving around a curve just a little too fast for conditions.

One instant you are in complete control, surfing the raggedy edge and then an instant later Issac Newton are calling the shots.

I remember driving on the newly laid asphalt of Verndale subdivision before the houses were built (1979). Broad sweeps of virgin pavement beckoned. I was doing fabulously until I was drifting around a curve and saw where a truck had tracked clay from the first foundation onto my pavement. In short order my vehicle was flying back-azzward through the trees, fire-hydrants and split-rail fences. 

All I saw in the windshield were the swirling vortices of dirt clods, turf and dust that chased my vehicle's path. I had no inkling of the perilous path I threaded until the next day when I went back to the scene of the mayhem.

Youth!

A robust society has multiple layers of redundancy. Failures are progressive and telegraph in advance as circuit-breakers pop in the as-designed progression.

I shake my head in dismay as I survey all of the systems that under-gird our (formerly) smoothly running society. The Leftists systematically destroyed and bastardized those finely honed, redundant systems.

The event that triggered this thought was the person who had indulged in weed and then mowed down twenty-five of LA county's class of new law enforcement recruits.

The perp was released from custody.

The arrogant S.O.B.s who are re-engineering society have no appreciation of the magnitude of the forces they will eventually unleash. What cannot be predicted is where the truck will have tracked mud onto the pavement or what other proximal cause will be enough to unleash the building forces of chaos.

They will not be able to stuff the genie back into the bottle.

One friend commented that rebuilding society will require that no stone be left standing on another before we begin. The Left has so polluted and corrupted that the infection must not only be lanced, it must be raked out into the sun, spread paper-thin and irradiated for a generation.

13 comments:

  1. "The arrogant S.O.B.s who are re-engineering society have no appreciation of the magnitude of the forces they will eventually unleash."

    They don't. They really don't. I've tried to explain what disenfranchising such a large segment of the population through fraudulent and stolen elections and I get a smug response, that's just tough, if they even acknowledge the problems with voting at all. Historically this only goes on for so long, for a length of time that no one can predict, and there is war. They think they have the whip hand and that will never change. If they think that far ahead at all.

    There is nothing I can do but prepare as much as I can for the storm that is coming, and help those I care about prepare themselves. We brought this all on ourselves. We'll have to figure it out on our own as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making $100 an hour telecommuting. I never envisioned that it was true blue at this point my dearest friend is procuring $22,000 a month by dealing with a PC, that was really dumbfounding for me, she recommended for me to endeavor it simply. V90_ Everybody should attempt this occupation currently simply by
      utilizing this site... www.EarnCash7.com

      Delete
  2. I really think that they know exactly what they are doing and implementing it with full malice aforethought. They hate our culture, our religious faith [or what's left of it] , us and themselves. It is not fixable and it has to go down. Then those few of us that are left can start over. I doubt if any of us alive now will see that time but we need to teach the next generation[s] how to make the new world work. ---ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a fairly large body of communist takeovers to study. Not surprisingly, they all follow a set pattern in the beginning. You know the list, demonize a group, make them outcasts, blame them and...

      Well as soon as the commies take power they kill the opposition. Always, the very next is "useful idiots" who thought they were part of the power class. Then comes the purity spiral.

      Only thing in our favor is they haven't tried it on a well armed people.

      Delete
  3. Our society and culture are being systematically dismantled so that a great worldwide borderless “equal” society can arise. The WEF types expect to be in charge of directing the rebuild since they know better than everyone else.
    Useful tools like john Kerry, the squad, and our current presidential cabinet really believe that the turn to a borderless, green, disarmed future with them in charge is a good first step.
    As you say they can’t comprehend the pressure building up in the country and where that could take us. No one wants to fire the first shot but, once the shooting starts no one wants to miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised that the backlash hasn't started already. Americans certainly are patient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has started already, just not out and in the open?

      Delete
  5. ERJ, my sense is that we are held together by a very thin veneer that will not take much - if anything to rent asunder.

    To the point above about those enabling it: they have missed one of the great historical lessons, which is that once a societal transformation takes place, over time it casts aside any who enabled it to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "One friend commented that rebuilding society will require that no stone be left standing on another before we begin."

    Actually, in more cases than we realize, the stones will have to be turned into gravel.

    Pea gravel.

    Very small pea gravel.

    Maybe even "sand."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I give up my job and now. I make $120 an hour operating from home doing those easy chores on line. I make $30,000 a month operating on line three hours a day. I recommended you to strive. (dc-110) You may not lose anything, simply attempt it on the subsequent internet site and earn each day…
    .
    For extra details:>>>>> www.EarnCash7.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd lay odds that the perp is going to "run from the cops" on a dark country road, "shoot at them" and be found with 37 extra ventilation holes in him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too obvious. He will just "Fail to Appear" in the near future. No reporting, no riots, and no body with tell-tale wounds. The ocean, mountains, and deserts are all close at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nuke it and turn it into a parking lot and give it to Mexico...

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.