Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Grape trellises and winter pasture

Adding posts to the grape trellis. This soil comes from 24 inches beneath the surface. The mottle suggests that it does not drain very well.
Big, ugly brutes
The local utility replaced some poles and cut the old ones into 8' lengths. It was all I could do to tip them into the back of the truck. I split them into thirds.


The cattle are beating up the pasture.


The upside is that it provides a good seedbed for the Festulolium I am planting. I took the precaution of fencing the cattle out of this paddock. I won't let them back in until after the ground freezes.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you'll have a problem with those poles anytime in the next TWO lifetimes! :-) And good luck with reseeding the pasture!

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.