Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I bet that left a mark

We had thunderstorms roll through the area last night.  Make that HEAVY on the thunder.
We picked up about four inches of rain.
Yes, that is standing water in the foreground.  I would have walked right by it if I had not been walking my dogs.
My dogs alerted me to something a bit unusual by the pasture fence.
Tufts of deer hair circled in red.  Suspected deer bed ellipsed in black.
Tufts of deer hair beneath the fence and a beaten down area about three feet from the fence.  The deer hair is not on a regular deer trail.
You may have to enlarge the picture, but the fence is stretched out and has a heck of a bend in the top wire.
Big hanks of hair.

I suspect the lightening hit just south of this deer.  The deer launched out of its bed, forgetting that there was a fence there.  The fence stretched out and then body slammed the deer back into the ground like Big Time Rasslin'

Ouch!  I looked around.  No dead deer.  Sometimes they break their neck.  You don't have to look very far to find them.

You can learn a lot when you slow down and read the physical evidence.




1 comment:

  1. I'm betting that deer is hurting... And it will probably be found dead in the next couple of days...

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.