Tuesday, March 14, 2017

"Green" is the new yellow

Looking down the driveway at the ERJ estate.  Kubota's dune buggy in the foreground.
I got one of the cameras installed and communicating with the monitor.

I ended up going to Fulton Electronic Supply in Lansing.  It is on South Pennsylvania and is staffed by people who are not "kids".  These guys know what they know and more importantly they know what they do not know.  This is the kind of place where Master Electricians go to get parts.

The gentleman behind the counter gave me fifteen minutes of his time.
Cost about $1.65
He figured out that I needed a BNC Female to RCA Male Adapter.

He also figured out that Green is the new Yellow.

Yes.  They printed "Y" in the line below the female jacks (jennys?) to inform the user that the green jack is also the yellow jack.

I also bought a couple of power supplies and ran the bill up to about $17.

It would have been inexpensive at twice the price.

1 comment:

  1. I have been into electronics since the age of 12, and a licensed ham radio operator for all but 3 or 4 of those years. I still rely upon the expertise of these older young guys who really know their stuff. I learn every time I even read something they post online.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.