Saturday, April 13, 2024

Flirting with disaster

I flirted with disaster at a family party and was chastised.

I was directed to collect a cupcake from "the box on the extreme-left".

Me, being the wise-elbow that I am, replied "Got it, one cupcake from the Bernie Sander's box.

The host scowled at me and told me to put a sock in it.

Well, Okey-dokey. His house. His rules. That is how we find boundaries.

I don't know any Democrats who consider Bernie to be a moderate-left politician but perhaps one of them was in attendance at the party.

I hate election years.

6 comments:

  1. Laughing as I drove myself home.
    That's why I don't bother going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am remembering a conversation at a party with a drunk adult. Circa 1976. Richard Nixon's reelection (CREEP for those with the T-shirt.) I was 18 and just anticipating my first vote and all the pageantry that goes with it, at least back in the day.
    So we are out in the back yard passionately (at least on my part) arguing about voting and it's effect on the real world and how he should VOTE! just so he didn't look naked complaining about a system he eschewed.

    God it's nice to have extremely embarrassing memories to enjoy, especially since it doesn't involve waking up at school with no pants on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welp, its hard to deal with friends and family that display their stupidity (or ignorance) that way. It IS good that they self-identify.

    You know who to not trust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe he just didn't want anyone to inject politics into a fun event.
    I mean...no offence, really....maybe you were the bad guy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No offense taken.

      There is some truth in what you are saying.

      Delete
    2. While I hear Anon mouse I am reminded of that quote:

      You might not be interested in the revolution but the revolution IS interested in YOU.

      Lenin I think.

      Politics is nasty but carefully feeling out people's politics is needed to protect your trusted family and trusted friends from betrayal.

      Part of doing an ongoing AO study.

      Assets and hazards.

      Michael

      Delete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.