Thursday, April 18, 2024

Filters, gym-notes and gooseberries

The plumbing project to install filters up-line of the water softener is completed (I hope). Mr B suggested the project YEARS ago.

Two, 10" filters in series. A 20 micron, pleated paper sediment filter followed by a 5 micron, string-wound sediment filter.

Gym notes

Mrs ERJ and I made it to the gym yesterday.

I was able to do my 10-rep warm-up of 135 pound dead-lifts. I did not use straps. I am trying to increase my grip strength.

Then I did 4 sets of 6 repetitions of 225 pound dead-lifts. That is just a little-bit over my body weight. The last set was a challenge to get started on. I think I was taking off with the weight too close to my shins.

Cool-down was supposed to be another 10-repetition set of 135 pound dead-lifts. I managed 8 and then decided to call it a day.

I was stronger six weeks ago.

Gooseberry plants showed up in the mail today

Invicta, Hinnomaki Red, and Tixia from left-to-right. Trowel included for scale.

Those will go into the ground today.

From south-to-north, Tixia, Hinnomaki Red, Invicta, Pixwell. Noted for future reference.


2 comments:

  1. I thought you had done that already....

    Make sure you keep a stock of filters. Both sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. ERJ,
    I am curious about the filter set-up. Maybe in a future post you can explain a little more ie... make/model of filter, water pressure, installation procedure, that kind of stuff. For myself, pictures of the project would be nice. Thank you for your consideration, pete.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.