My pension check showed up today. Regular, firearms deer season is over.
My archive list rolled over to a new month so I can start writing more. My goal will be to keep it to three posts a day unless something really exciting happens.
While I was on vacation from writing, the ever lovely and talented Mrs ERJ found projects to keep me busy.
One project was to repair some drywall that had experienced blunt force trauma. Since this was on a partition wall that our bedroom shared, I fixed a problem that had been noted a long time ago.
The couple who built our house have three air ducts feeding our bedroom and no cold air returns. I cut in a cold air return on the damaged side and put in a vent at a different elevation on the bedroom side. The temperatures in the room are much more even and we will probably have to rebalance the vents through the rest of the house.
|There are many different "hard water" maps. This is one of them. Frankly, I find iron more distasteful than lime.|
The other major project was to install a water softener. There was a water softener installed in the house when we moved in but it was Tango Uniform. We removed it and did not think about it again. Until we needed to replace a hot water heater (twice) or the inlet on the washing machine choked on deposits (annually).
My (our) original plan was to port the soft water to the washing machine and the hot water heater. We would drink, wash hands and flush with unsoftened water. Sadly, it was much, much easier to simply hook back up to the original piping. So that is what I did.
Getting a gas powered hot water heater is in the 2019 plans and then we will revisit the plumbing on the softener.