Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Work After-Action Report

The "boss" picked me up at 6:40AM. He drove for an hour-and-twenty minutes. We worked until 3:00PM with a fifteen minute lunch. Then I rode home with Prentice, his helper.

I was on my bum leg for 7 hours and the hardest part was standing up when Prentice dropped me off at the end of my driveway and I had to walk to the house.

It was probably the best physical therapy money could purchase. It put one stake into the ground of what my physical condition can support.

Nobody ran but nobody stopped moving for the time we were there. The "boss" promised light work, and it was.

Prentice tried to order a pizza for lunch. They billed his card but never bothered to cook the pizza.

Fortunately, I brought a couple of peanut butter sandwiches and a banana. I cannot make any money if I eat lunch.

3 comments:

  1. I am like you in that I have always healed faster and better it seems while working through the pain . My beloved though seems unable to heal unless she hits the sack and stays there until the worst is over . You and I can understand that each person is different and we respect that difference but most people seem to take offense at basically small differences .It might be that we are not searching for offense . Only healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for gettin better.

    Yer gonna hurt tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.