Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Books, books and more books

 


In the mid-1980s I was a "test engineer" for an industrial concern.

Some of my co-workers put together a list of words and phrases to NEVER use in an engineering document. I cannot remember all of them but "rolling sarcophagus", "death trap", "Cobain" and "immolate" stick in my mind.

Those phrases were guaranteed to show up in a subpoena searchs and give you sub-optimal corporate exposure.

Paranoia and footprint

It is my unstudied opinion that every keystroke I make can be recovered by exterior agents, even the keystrokes that I erase or never hit "send" on.

So, bearing that in mind, I attach the following link to a list of books available as downloadable PDFs.

If you scroll down this list and start downloading books on making C4, poisons, assassinating rivals and manufacturing hard-drugs, be aware that you are volunteering to be a target. Please resist the temptation.

However, there are also books on the list that tell you how to make cheese and beer and bread. Books on basic medical care. Books on metallurgy and knife making and trapping.

The books can be downloaded by clicking on the three-dot icon on the left side of the page and downloading a secure pdf which can then be saved.

Hat-tip to M living somewhere west of the Mississippi.

4 comments:

  1. I am interested in the book "1001 Bean Recipes for Formal Dinners".
    Is it still in print ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm!

      It isn't often the comment "Whatever blows your skirt up" is both appropriate and factually descriptive.

      Delete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1OVswT-lk

    Just Sayin'

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.