Thursday, September 24, 2020

In Lieu of content...PICTURES!

 

At a local business. Governor Big Retch says we have to wear face coverings. Incidentally, their Greek salads are very authentic.
Persimmons are starting to fall

This is one of Claypool's hybrids: I-115. It was delicious.

Sprite's cattle.

I couldn't decide which picture I liked better so you got both.

I moved the cattle to a new paddock today. They are happy girls and boys. The girl on the left is a very sleek, full-bodied lady isn't she?

5 comments:

  1. You guys & your black cows. I guess it provides for camo. at night. I prefer the Herefords my-own-self & used to have several before old age caught up with me & could no longer keep up with the fence mending in the age of the Emerald Ash Beetle.....limbs & trees falling faster than I could keep the fences up....so I sold it all & quit. Like your column. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit it but I've never had a Persimmon. Would it be too weird to ask for a taste description?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with apricot jam and then shave the fur off of it

      The bad ones are horrible.

      The really good ones are fabulous. Very aromatic, 30% sugar. I eat them like Concord grapes. I bite a hole in the skin and suck the pulp.

      Delete
  3. I really liked the Irish Dexter's that I used to keep. Rich creamy milk and excellent beef. The girls were sweethearts, the calves adorable. We kept a bull for a couple years, but he spent too much time trying to get to the neighbors cows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our persimmons and acorns are a long way off. But we're not gonna see many more 90F days this year. Pecans won't be too long.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.