So where are all of the huge, urban riots many pundits predicted for this summer? After all, Obama was touted as the "Healer in Chief" and the ride was pretty bouncy. Everybody figured that things would get really sporty with Trump in the saddle.
So far, the biggest Summer 2017 "riot" news is a movie about the 1967 Detroit riots.
- Did the rules of engagement change for police?
- Did the Justice Department whispering in the ears of bus companies, hotels and banks and other infrastructure that enabled civil strife?
- Are the Social Justice Warriors afraid that they will spill their double, soy, latte with extra nutmeg?
- Is the press choosing to not report the news?
- Is it not news because riots are old news?
- Is it being reported through outlets that I am not monitoring?
Granted, violent crime is up in several large cities but homicide is crime at the retail level. That is, it tends toward one-on-one interactions between folks who know each other.
Inquiring minds want to know.