Monday, August 21, 2017

Back to School

Big D just picked up Kubota and they are now on their way to school.  This is Kubota's senior year of high school.  The launch went well.

Yesterday's project was pickles.

Picture of this package is here for reference.  I will know what to get next year if Belladonna approves of the pickles.
I am not a bread-and-butter pickle kind of guy.  Give me a big, salty dill pickle spear on a hot day and I am a happy camper.  But B-n-B pickles are candy masquerading as a vegetable.  Not my thing.

But that is beside the point.  Both Bella and Mrs ERJ like B-n-B pickles.  It is what they think that counts.  I picked up this package of pickle mix because it was cheaper than buying the spices individually.  In addition to the usual mustard seeds, this package had bits of hot pepper, cloves and maybe allspice.

Peaches
It is hard to think of a more luxurious food than a tree ripened peach.  I had to lean forward and slurp as I ate it to avoid dribbling down my front.

2 comments:

  1. Fresh peaches and vanilla ice cream...Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread and Butter pickles: You need to add much more red peppers (hot) to take your mind off them being similar to candy.

    Peaches: Be the dribble. Mine come in around June. same deal, nothing compares. I've had people who didn't even know peaches grow on trees swoon in amazement when sampling.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.