|Victims of Boston Marathon Bombing, April 15, 2013. Image by Aaron Tang|
The perpetrators of the Boston Marathon Bombing were accused of using a Weapon of Mass Destruction.
The bomb killed three people and injured approximately 250 more.
|Photo credit mercurynews.com|
The Camp Road fire in California, 2018 killed 85 people and caused $16 Billion of destruction.
A compelling case can be made that the intentional ignition of fires for the purpose of terrorizing or destroying property is the use a "Weapon of Mass Destruction".
- Accelerents are used
- Ambient fire conditions are high (Wind, humidity, Forest Service "fire warnings")
- In areas of high population density
- Near pressurized natural gas lines
- Near vehicles with liquid, petroleum based fuels
- In older parts of town where legacy buildings don't conform to current fire codes (balloon framing construction, materials, etc,)
Those who use Weapons of Mass Destruction are enemy combatants and should be treated as such.
Looking at the cities of Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington...nearly all of the "Especially if..." conditions are met.
It is my opinion that people tossing Molotov Cocktails should be shot down like rabid dogs.
(2) the term “weapon of mass destruction” means—