Friday, July 13, 2018

More painting and picture of Tree Swallows

Before

After
Not the "right" molding but it works.  I opted to have the ends stick out 2-1/4" to kick the moisture out just a little farther away from the wooden frames.

The 2-by-8 plank beneath the air conditioner is rotted out.  The wire brush was eating through it as if it were a bar of soap.  I saturated it with Thompson Water Seal figuring it was better than putting lipstick on a pig.
The corners like to rot out.
Tree Swallows.
I visited the University of Illinois campus in Urbana-Champaign, Illinois as a Michigan State University student in 1981.  It was with great glee that I learned that the bus line in Champaign was named "The Illini Swallow".  That is a memorable name.

That is a great headline.  I wonder if it was intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.