Friday, June 25, 2021

Hay

 


If my math skills are up to snuff, this looks like 4" of rain in the next ten days. That is on top of the inch-and-a-half we had earlier.

Tough bananas for the folks who cut hay in the past half week. It will also stress the less disease resistant plants I am growing. Being wet for more than ten days is paradise for mildew and fungus diseases.

I believe that we will be able to soak up nearly every drop of it.

I am trying to figure out how to send some of it to New Hampshire.

2 comments:

  1. The dry season will come, and the hay farmers will have plenty f opportunity to bale hay. That's the nature of farming. If it help any, we in Louisiana are having a wet June as well. I have not yet cut my ditches, because it's too muddy to get the mower in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We expect another 90+ heat wave next week, with the next rain not before Wednesday after only .04 inch this week. I have figured out a rotational grazing pattern that gives each paddock two weeks of rest, but without rain that doesn't mean much.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.