Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Fine Art Tuesday

 

Tales of Dragons. This image and all others shown on this page are copyrighted by Daniel Eskridge and remain his intellectual property. They are displayed on this page with his written permission.


Daniel Eskridge born in Atlanta. From his Bio on Fine Arts America:

I am a forty-something living in the Metro-Atlanta area -- one of the few people who was actually born and raised here. I'm married and have two sons and a daughter. By day, I am a senior software engineer. But, by night I am a 3D render artist.

I have dual degrees from the University of Georgia, one in Computer Science, the other in Fine Art. So, it seems only natural that I attempt to combine the two by producing art using a computer. Plus, I find that it's a bit more practical than painting as it doesn't require all of the clean up, harsh chemicals, or expensive supplies. In fact, I have been a render artist since some of the first ray-tracing programs were made publicly available in the mid 80's.
Eskridge's images often have a dream-like quality to them. Buried in the image is often a sly or slightly silly joke, the same kind of humor our sub-conscious dings us with in our dreams.

Some will claim that digital art is not "fine art", that it is "too easy". The same claims were made of acrylics and photographs. 

All three mediums make it possible for the artist to increase his productivity. Eskridge created an incredible number of images.

Bookwyrm

Fight the Wendingo

The Gate's of Heaven

Knight and the Fairie

You can have the girl after you extend your car warranty (I lied. That is not the title)

Cowgirl in Autumn. This image and other "portrait" profile images are slightly cropped in the vertical direction. They remain Eskridge's property.

Cthulu

Longhorn

Perched Dragon

Shield Girl

Stagecoach Chase (I had that dream)


The Treasure of Grizzly Bear Canyon (That one too)

Appaloosa Warrior Horse

1 comment:

  1. I prefer the "natural" pieces: Autumn and the Appaloosa have that painterly quality that is "better than real".

    My favorite digital painter is Minna Sundberg sample here: hummingfluff.com/lovelypeoplecomic.html

    I have been working on learning to make digital art for a few years now. It is indeed a lot of work, and takes just as much time as the canvas and tints and paper media do. Here is piece I am most proud of (so far) Juniper Tree.

    tempestinateardrop.files.wordpress.com/2020/10/ninktober-juniper.png

    Thank ypu for some very interesting reading.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.