Monday, June 21, 2021

Happy Father's Week to y'all

Many consider fathers to be the inferior, replaceable parent.

If you look in communities (and I use the term loosely) where fatherhood is most spat upon you will see communities of despair and crime, communities where the young men have a cartoonish image of what it means to be a man.

So, even the most spindly-legged, mouth-breathing, under-paid. klutzy dad has his name engraved in the Hall-of-Heroes and deserves a week of celebration.

Provided, of course, that he discharges his duties to the best of his abilities.

I am one of the lucky ones. I am still married to my kid's "Mom". I cannot imagine the whip-sawing and pressures divorced dads and dads-of-blended-families endure.

MEN, I tip my hat to you.

Endure.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the Evil Google omitted Father's day for their daily banner yesterday. Any question of the war on the Family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been on both sides of the equation. My upbringing prepared me for the foibles that occur when one is an alternate father or if one is a absentee father.

    I've been both and thankfully, my step daughters and my real daughters both respect and cherish me.

    But it was an ordeal and one has to have the patience to endure.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.