Tree replant on south end of property
- Cut trees in the 1/3 acre with the dead/dying NM-6 hybrid poplar
- Spray glyphosate to kill grass/sod on approx 8' centers.
- Trap/shoot squirrels
- Plant pecans and Red Oak acorns before May first
Orchard fertilizer plan
- Fertilize orchards with urea approx April 1. That is at least a month earlier than my habit
- Fertilize with 6 lbs urea every 120 feet of row.
- Spray beneath trees with glyphosate to suppress weeds approx May 1 and again on June 15.
Tree replant where sumac died
- Transplant butternut seedlings to area near sugar maples where sumac died.
- Black currant plants
- Jefferson and Yamhill hazelnut rooted suckers
- Grafted chestnut Szego
- Woodchips or bark mulch
- Graft north row of Shenandoah pear to Korean Giant and/or Chojuro
- Graft apple tree next to Gold Rush along south pasture fence line to Kerr
- Graft some tomato plants to gain expertise
- Cut scionwood from Illinois Everbearing Mulberry
- Cut scionwood Chujoro and Korean GIant
- Move pecan seedlings to northeast corner of property
- Chinese cabbage (Start July 4, plant out Aug 1)
- Deadon savoy (Start May 15)
- Mow last week of May before Orchard Grass pollinates
- Frost seed red clover "Freedom"
- Frost seed festulolium Duo
Walnut wood lot
- Thin out runts
- Cut Honeysuckle bushes
- Cut Boxelder trees/bushes
- Move fence post sized wood to orchard until needed
- Cut small trees next to road