Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Older cars

I was starting to change the brakes on the Malibu Belladonna drives.  She mentioned that she was hearing a noise when turning the steering wheel.

I noticed it too.  It seemed to be coming from the passenger side.

After pulling the wheel, I looked up at the strut tower.

This what I saw.

The spring had broken.

Fortunately, when I bought the parts for the brake job I had the foresight to ask the guys at the auto parts place for a recommendation on places to take vehicles for suspension work.  The old guy recommended Holt Auto Alignment.

Belladonna will be driving Mrs ERJ's minivan to work tonight and I expect to pick up the Malibu tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.