Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Older cars, continued

Strut assembly with broken spring on the left.
No, Virginia.  It is not supposed to look like that.
A big atta-boy to Holt Auto Alignment.  They got the job done by 4:45 yesterday afternoon.

Partway through the day the office guy called me up and told me he could shave some cost out of the initial quote.  Because I told them I was NOT in a hurry he called around and found suitable struts for $70 less than his regular supplier.  "Do you want them?" he asked.

First thing this morning I picked up the Malibu.  The "kid" was in the office today.  He is 48 years old and is the new guy.  He has only been there 20 years.

I think they appreciated that I wanted them to do the job at their own, best pace.  "Like you have done it a thousand times before." I told them. Many of the folks who come in are in a hurry and the shop has to work to a dead-line when somebody can pick it up.

Brakes
The brakes are installed.  I suspect that I will be buying an impact wrench next month.  I wanted to change the rotor on the right side.  It still had plenty of "meat" but was grooved.  I was unable to break one of the bolts holding the caliper in place and had to settle for swapping out the pads.

Next on the list are the windshield wipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.