A big kettle of soup on Sunday was a family tradition.
Yesterday was raining.
Today was cold and windy. The ground is icy. It is not conducive to exercising outside. It is great soup weather. Rich in vegetables with a tomato-y base. It fills you up and makes your soul sing....all without blowing the calorie budget for the rest of the week.
Like my dad, I an not so much a "recipe" guy as a "clean out the fridge/freezer" kind of guy.
- One pound dried Great Northern Beans
- One pound frozen mixed vegetables, or however much is left in the open bag
- One pound peas and carrots, or however much is left in the open bag
- Leftover chicken, in this case, one lonely breast
- One small can of tomato paste
- Season to suit the audience.